Imagine that you recently became the president of your local Community Improvement Association, and you need to prepare a speech about the pros and cons of building a community swimming pool. Before you start to design your presentation, you will need to analyze the audience (community members).
Select one of the categories below and explain how this information about the audience would affect the design and delivery of your speech. Thoroughly explain why. Remember, you are not focusing on the pros and cons of a pool. You are discussing how analyzing the audience will affect the design of your presentation.
- Age of audience.
- Audience attitude about a community pool.
- Socio-economic status of audience.
Your supervisor just announced that you and a colleague, Bruce, will have an opportunity to meet with the company’s CEO in two hours to deliver a presentation on your team’s current project. Due to the short notice, Bruce believes your presentation should be an impromptu speech, delivered without notes or a plan. You believe your presentation should be written out word for word and read aloud to the audience.
Under these circumstances, how would you use your relationship building skill to collaborate with Bruce and resolve your differences in opinion? Please select one option below and thoroughly explain why you chose it.
- Communicate openly and effectively concerning your preference.
- Ask another colleague for their input.
- Trust Bruce and follow his suggestion.
3.) As many businesses shift to remote work, there is an increased need to utilize collaboration tools. At the end of this course, you will deliver a presentation trying to persuade your organization to adopt a collaboration tool of your choosing. To prepare for that presentation, select one of the categories listed below (e.g., communication) and choose a collaboration tool from the category you’ve selected. (It doesn’t have to be one of the tools listed here!)
First, describe how the tool you chose can be used to support remote collaborative work. Then, identify and thoroughly explain two pros and two cons of using this collaboration tool when working remotely.
- Communication (e.g., Zoom, Webex, Teams).
- Document creation and editing (e.g., Microsoft Word, Google Docs, One Drive).
- Project Management (e.g., Smartsheets, Asana, Trello).
4.)Please respond to the following:
- Analyze health insurance in the United States, including two provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Then compare the U.S. healthcare system to one other country’s healthcare system, focusing on access, quality, and efficiency. Provide an example to support your analysis.