Week 3 Assignment – Healthcare Finance Research
In the Week 2 activity, you selected a healthcare organization and developed five research questions related to the financial management of the organization. For this assignment, you will find the answer to those question and report your findings.
Using the healthcare organization you identified in the Week 2 activity, the answers to the five questions you developed in Week 2.
You will then write a three-page paper in which you include each of the following parts:
- Develop an introduction to your chosen healthcare organization.
- The name of the selected organization and background information, such as its location, size, focus, services provided, demographics of patients served, for-profit or nonprofit status, et cetera.
- Indicate whether the organization has a separate finance or business department and, if so, who is responsible for the department.
- Any other information that may help explain the chosen organization. For example, is it unique in how its finances are managed? If so, how?
- Develop research-based answers to the five previously created questions.
- A response to each of the five questions you created in Week 2. This should include specific information pertaining to the chosen healthcare organization’s budget preparation process, fiscal planning strategies, and how the financial condition of the organization is routinely monitored and corrective actions are taken when necessary.
- Assess any differences and similarities between what you have learned from the textbook, videos, and other readings with what you have learned in your research.
- This is the part of the paper where you assess any differences between what you have learned in this course and what is reflected in your research. This is also an opportunity to identify connections between cost and quality and explore the interplay of performance improvement, regulatory compliance, provider relationships, and payors. Keep in mind that the background and context of the organization play a role in how these pieces fit together.