Step 1. – Choose one of the following three products to export:
- Whiskey from Fort Worth, TX.
- Beef from Henrietta, TX.
- Calculators from Dallas, TX.
You get to choose the country to which you will export your product. It will affect your findings.
Step 2. – Research the products, including the following points:
- Product classification
- Packaging requirements
- Payment method you choose, and why
- How competitive is the industry here in the U.S.?
- Are there any export controls?
- What seems like the best mode of transportation for shipping your product?
- Documentation that would be required to export your product–you may provide samples of the documentation if you like.
- Any outside expertise you might choose to engage as the exporter. NOTE: Hiring any experts to help you with the process does NOT relieve you of the responsibility of explaining what they’re doing for you since demonstrating your knowledge is the whole point of this paper.
Step 3. – Put together a research paper of not less than three pages sharing your findings.