First, use the employee attrition data to create visuals in Tableau that capture the trends and possible reasons for retention and attrition in the organization from the course scenario. Then, write a report about the current state of human resources and attrition. Include screenshots from your visualizations to support your report. Remember to consider the employee’s employment status when visualizing and analyzing the data. The Status column in the spreadsheet indicates whether the employee is a current or former employee of the organization.
Specifically, you must address the following criteria:
- Current employee demographics: Summarize the current employee demographics for the organization from the course scenario.
- Use Tableau to visualize the demographic data such as age, sex, marital status, education, and experience, and include the corresponding screenshots in your summary. Choose the graphs or charts that are best suited to represent the demographic data.
- Choose at least two different graph or chart types to represent the demographic data and include the corresponding screenshots in your written summary. Explain why you have selected the specific chart types to represent your data.
- Attrition analysis: Analyze the given employee data to answer the following questions about attrition in the organization, including its causes and the relationship between attrition and various employment factors. Use Tableau to create a visual summary of the data and include the corresponding screenshots in your analysis. Choose the graphs or chart types that you believe are best suited to represent the required data.
- Identify five top reasons for attrition.
- For those who left the organization, how many years had it been since their last promotion?
- At what age does an employee typically exit the organization?
- After how many years of employment does someone typically leave the company?
- What is the connection between how many times a year a person was trained, how long they stayed at the organization, and whether they have left?
- Retention: Compare the attrition analysis data with your current employee details to evaluate and prevent future attrition.
- Using the trends from the attrition data, determine if more current employees are likely to leave. Explain your findings.
- What does your attrition analysis tell you about employee stability in the organization? How is it likely to affect your organization’s evaluation by a potential buyer?
- Actionable steps: Based on findings from your retention analysis, provide three specific actions that the organization can take to prevent employees from leaving. Provide a rationale.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 5 Word document using double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.