http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatSl1lu_PM&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqaqrDnhzDw (If the links do not work by clicking on it, highlite, copy, and paste the link to your browser address bar).Design a restorative justice program in a school in your area. You may use a real or perceived problem. Discuss the following:
- Describe the setting including the problem and causes you are addressing. Also describe the current approach to the problem.
- Describe why you are using restorative justice for the problem(s)?
- What restorative approach will you use (circle conferencing, VOM etc)?
- Who will you use as participants?
- How will you measure the success of restorative justice.
The class projects are to be word processed, size 12 font, double spaced with one inch margins around the page (default). Your responses should be thorough and scholarly. Avoid jargon and street language as you are completing each of the responses to these questions. For instance, “cop” is generally unacceptable, ” police officer” is preferred. A person may be “mentally ill” or ” legally insane”, not “nuts”. It is the student’s responsibility to see they are properly loaded to the assignment. Papers not proeprly loaded will be counted as late. As a backup you may want to e-mail the document as a Word attachment to me. Students should verify that the document is complete when e-mailed (mailing version to self and checking attachment). Attachments that cannot be opened or are blank are considered late. Papers should be 700+ words in length. A word count shall be included at the end of the paper and a reference section. Remember this is not a book report. This is a written analysis and critical review.