You are serving as an executive board member for government health programs. The board has received congressional approval to stand up a new nonprofit medical center in your community. The medical center will offer inpatient and outpatient services, such as emergency care, pediatric care, intensive critical care, and other similar services. Your boss sends you an email asking for publicly available information that is necessary for attaining and sustaining the new medical center. Your boss wants to know about accrediting agencies and licensures that exist for various types of public and private healthcare institutions (hospitals, managed care plans, long-term care facilities, etc.). Once the center is up and running, your boss believes it will be important to maintain quality standards for the organization and its providers. Therefore, be sure to include research regarding provider report cards in your email.
- Reply to your boss with a two-page business email that gives an overview of the impact of accreditation and report cards on your healthcare organization. Describe the types of accrediting agencies and provider report cards that currently exist and applicable to the upcoming medical center. Research the various types of licenses required for future employees (physicians, nurses, medical techs, etc.). Be sure to include summaries/hot links of at least two accreditation agencies so that your boss can readily follow up on this information if she so chooses. In addition, include at least two provider report cards links with at least one local/regional report card.
- This assignment should be no more than two pages, completed in a Microsoft Word document.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style.
- Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
Submitting your work:
Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.