First, select ONE of the topics below.
- Abuse or neglect of vulnerable adults
- Child abuse or neglect
- Disclosure of HIV or other communicable diseases
- Threats of harm to oneself or other persons
Next, conduct an internet search on that topic to identify the reporting requirements for helping professionals in your state. In your discussion post, address the following issues:
- Name the search terms you used that helped you locate the relevant information, and identify your source or sources (e.g., state agency, licensing board, college or university, nonprofit organization, etc.).
- Describe your jurisdiction’s reporting obligations.
- Identify any concerns or conflicts you see between legal reporting requirements and client confidentiality. From your readings, what steps can you take to proactively address these issues in your professional practice?