Task brief & rubrics
• Weight: This task is worth 60% of your overall grade for this subject.• The session of Week 8 will have time dedicated to the final assignment
Assignment Launch: Week 5.
Submission: Week 8 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Submission deadline September the 19th at 23.55
• The minimum amount of words to be used is 1500 and the maximm is 2200• You may want to include images/graphics etc. (for example from their website) to make your reasoning and argumention more visual and explicative• Font: Arial. Size: 12,5pts. Line spacing: 1,5. Text align: Justified. • Appendices and References, do not count towards the final wordcount but are strongly recommended (referencing websites, articles, books etc.)
Eurozone and Macroeconomic goals
Write a report that assess the role of the Eurozone institutions to achieve macroeconomic goals during the Covid pandemic
The report should include the following sections:
• Cover Page: Title, Course, Name of Student• Table of Contents• Section 1. Choose a Eurozone countryo Identify the impact of the Covid pandemic on the country’s economyo Using economic indicators (GDP, consumption, unemployment etc) analyse how deeply the country’s economy has been affected by the pandemic
• Section 2. Monetary Policyo Which institution is responsible for Monetary Policy in the Eurozone. What tools can they use to to implement monetary policy in the Eurozone?o What policies have they implemented in response to the Covid pandemic?o Explain with graphs what impact these policies should have in theory on the economyo Evaluate the real impact of these policies on the economy of the country.
• Section 3. Fiscal Policyo Which institution is responsible for Fiscal Policy in the Country you are studying. What tools can they use to to implement fiscal policy in their country?o What policies have they implemented in response to the Covid pandemic?o Explain with graphs what impact these policies should have in theory on the economyo Evaluate the real impact of these policies on the economy of the country.• • Section 4. Conclusiono Evaluate if the monetary and fiscal policy have been appropriate for your country. What other measures would you have taken or what changes would you have made to the policies they did introduce?• Bibliography
Outcomes: This task assesses the following learning outcomes:
• understand the forces determining macroeconomic variables such as national output, inflation, unemployment, and interest rates.• apply macroeconomic terminology and assess macroeconomic policy suggestions.• evaluate real life situations with a practical application of the acquired tools and knowledge.