Imagine you are training new case managers on the role of victim advocate and you need to include a section in your training guide.
Write a 350- to 700-word section for the training guide on the role of the victim advocate in which you:
- Identify the certification process to become a victim advocate in the state in which you live or in a state with which you are familiar.
- Describe the function of a victim advocate in a criminal matter involving an adult victim.
- Contrast the function of a victim advocate in a criminal matter involving an adult victim versus a criminal matter involving a minor victim.
- Explain how the role of a victim advocate differs from the role of a member of the victim services agency associated with the prosecutor’s office (federal U.S. attorney, state attorneys general offices, or local offices for district attorneys).
- Explain the role of the victim advocate in restorative justice.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.