type three well-developed paragraphs (450–500 words) using APA formatting, integrating two evidence-based resources to include clinical practice guidelines as well as the course textbook.
Read the scenario and answer the following questions:
V.S., age 12 Hispanic male, presents with a feeling that there is sand in his eye. He had a cold a week ago and woke up this morning with his left eye crusted with yellowish drainage. On physical examination, he has injected conjunctiva on the left side, no adenopathy, and no vision changes. His vision is 20/20. Fluorescein staining reveals no abrasion. He is allergic to sulfa.
- List specific goals of treatment for V.S.
- What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
- What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
- Discuss the education you would give to the parents regarding drug therapy.
- List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
- What would be the choice for second-line therapy?
- What over-the-counter or alternative medications would be appropriate for V.S.?
- What dietary and lifestyle changes should be recommended for V.S.?
- Describe one or two drug–drug or drug–food interactions for the selected agent.