2000 word essay. Answer all points and questions below.
- What competitor information categories are useful in competitor analysis? Are these categories appropriate for health care organizations? How can these information categories provide a focus for information gathering and strategic decision-making?
- Why is it important to clearly define the service area? How does managed care penetration affect service area definition?
- Conduct a service area competitor analysis within your community. Keep it fairly small in scope (i.e. laser hair removal business, extended care facility for ventilator-dependent patients, etc.) so that it is manageable. Begin by introducing the macro issues (general and health care) and then use this outline as an initial guide:
- Specify the Service Category
- Delineate the Service Area.
- Health Status
- Perform a Service Area Structure Analysis
- Threat of New Entrants
- Intensity of Rivalry
- Threat of Substitutes
- Power of Customers
- Power of Suppliers
- Do a Competitor Analysis/Identify Service Category Critical Success Factors
- Competitor Strengths and Weaknesses
- Critical Success Factors
- Strategic Groups
- Map Competitors
- Likely Responses of Competitors
- Identify and Map Strategic Groups
- Provide a Synthesis.
2000 words. Answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least five (5) verifiable scholarly sources to support your claims. Reference must be verifiable, current and within 5 years.