1- Discussion: Remember the word counts for all posts and to use one outside source – cited and referenced for full credit. 420 word minumum
Mental illness in the community does not discriminate. It can impact women, men, young children, adolescents, the elderly, and any nationality. For this discussion:
- Choose one population along with one mental health disorder and describe how the disorder impacts that population as they attempt to be part of the community.
- Finally, explain one nursing intervention that would assist them to be successful.
This week’s assignment is an APA paper of 1000 words with a required 3 sources used throughout the paper, cited and referenced correctly in APA. Rubric is for an APA Essay – found in the Assignment Upload link in the lower right corner– please review. This week we talk about Mental Health in the Community:
- Go to the Healthy People 2020 website (https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives)
and search for Mental Health and Mental Disorders.
- After reading the Overview section, pick and note 2 objectives/goals from the list that you feel affect your community and explain why these were chosen.
- As a nurse, what can you do to help the community move towards this goal?
- Explain how physical health and mental health are correlated
- What impact does each have on the other?
- Give at least one detailed example of how either a specific physical ailment leads to a breakdown in mental health or how a specific mental health disorder can lead to physical issues.
- Explain Trauma Informed Care in detail.
- How you can use Trauma Informed Care to assist a child who has been impacted by trauma?