Select four (4) of the following questions and answer each in an essay format. Please be sure to include an introduction and a conclusion for the assignment.
- What is the difference between a muscle’s origin and its insertion? How are the muscles of facial expression different from most other muscles?
- How do respiratory muscles function to produce breathing?
- What are the rotator cuff muscles? What are the functions of the rotator cuff?
- Describe the structural and functional relationship between neurons and skeletal muscle fibers. What is an action potential and which ions are involved?
- How does a muscle fiber generate tension through crossbridge cycling and why does an increase in calcium ions cause muscle contraction?
- Compare and contrast three types of muscle contraction. How does a muscle fiber change with endurance training, resistance training, and disuse?
Length: 750 – 1250 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.