All questions are worth 20 points:
- How would you define organized crime? What distinguishes it from disorganized crime?
- How does the United States’ definition of organized crime and those of other countries differ? How are they alike?
- What do you believe was the impetus for the evolution of organized crime in the United States? What were the first organized crime groups in America?
- Which particular theories do you think best explain organized crime, and why?
- Why do some members of law enforcement believe that enterprise theory is the most valuable contribution of the explanations of organized crime? Provide an example with your answer